1. Heat water. (I use an electric tea kettle.)
2.Chop fresh ginger and turmeric into small pieces (approx. one square inch each).
3. Slice the skin off these pieces of ginger and tumeric. (This is similar to taking the skin off potatoes or cleaning the rough outside off of carrots.)
4. Use small cheese grater to grate the tumeric and ginger into the bottom of a glass measuring cup. (I hold the tumeric with a paper towel so that it doesn't stain my fingers.)
5. Add a slice of lemon.
6. Pour the hot water over the grated ginger and tumeric and the lemon slice.
7. Cover the measuring cup with a plate and let it sit for several minutes.
8. Clean up the cutting board, etc.
8. Strain the tea through a fine strainer into a tea cup.
9. Dispose of the ginger, tumeric, and lemon in the trash or garbage disposal and clean the strainer, etc.
10. Add honey to taste. Stir until its mixed. Enjoy.