She also wrote an entire abstract yesterday start to finish.
She was able to do that totally on her own and quite easily at this point, since she's had her research paper/ lab report done for weeks and she been practicing her presentation for weeks, too.
For the abstract, I had her focus on the purpose through the conclusion parts of the project, leaving off the research ideas and questions, and keeping everything as brief as possible.
Note: An abstract is an optional part of the project as far as I am concerned, but she wanted to do it, probably because her director really encourages it, so I let her do it.
She typed the first draft herself from scratch, then I helped her make major edits, then she made those changes, printed, and we made more edits. Then she typed on it again, printed, and we made more edits until it was totally free of errors.
We also made the absolute final edits to her lab report yesterday, too. That had been written for weeks and edited here and there and quite extensively at this point, so we didn't have as many changes to make on that.